This Russia-meets-Midwest cocktail from Portland’s Kachka blends vanilla ice cream with San Francisco’s unpasteurized Nash Kvass (a fermented and subtly alcoholic Eastern European beverage) and cocoa nib-infused overproof rum. The kvass’s savoriness balances the sweet cream and rum, while the cocoa powder and grated nutmeg garnish add a dessert-y element of complexity.
- 1 1/2 ounces rum, overproof and infused with cocoa-nibs
- 1 ounce Nash Kvass
- 1 ounce vanilla ice cream
Garnish: cocoa powder and freshly grated nutmeg
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend quickly until smooth.
- Serve in a small rocks glass.
- Garnish with cocoa powder and freshly grated nutmeg.