For Peder Schweigert, the cocktail of the future will be built on spirits made with greater transparency. In the Amiraali, Schweigert and Marvel Bar head bartender Matthew Voss shake together two such spirits—Duquesne Blanc rhum agricole and Gamle Ode Dill, a locally made aquavit—along with citrus and rancio sec.
- scant 1 ounce rhum agricole, preferably Duquesne Rhum Blanc
- scant 1 ounce aquavit, preferably Gamle Ode Dill Aquavit
- generous 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1 teaspoon rancio sec, preferably Matifoc
- 1/2 ounce rich simple syrup (2:1, sugar:water)
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a chilled rocks glass over a large ice cube.