At La Favorita, bartender Ani Varela puts her own spin the Argentine Martini riff by adding a few drops of orange bitters to the classic construction.
- 3 ounces London dry gin
- 1/3 ounce (2 teaspoons) dry vermouth, plus more to prepare the glass
- 2 dashes orange bitters
Garnish: lemon peel
- To a mixing glass, add ice and a splash of vermouth. Stir until ice has begun to melt. Pour the mixture, including melted ice, into a chilled coupe.
- Add remaining ingredients to the mixing glass with more ice and stir until combined.
- Pour cold water and ice out of the coupe glass.
- Express the lemon peel over the drink, then use as garnish.