Pisco is also the star of Portland, Oregon’s bestselling drink, the Bright Side. The refreshing drink features tropical staples like rum, pineapple juice and mango purée, but it also gets the surprising addition of turmeric syrup, which the bar makes by combining fresh-squeezed turmeric juice, water and cane sugar.
- 1 ounce pisco, preferably Capurro
- 1 ounce rum, preferably Plantation 3 Stars
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce turmeric syrup (1 part fresh turmeric juice, 1 part filtered water, 2 parts cane sugar)
- 1/2 ounce pineapple juice
- 1/2 ounce mango puree, such as Boiron or Perfect Puree
Garnish: pineapple frond, pineapple slice, cocktail umbrella (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a shaker and short-shake with a few large ice cubes.
- Strain over cobbled ice into a tall glass.
- Garnish with a pineapple frond and slice, and an optional cocktail umbrella.