Chris Hannah’s take on the classic sticks with Cognac, rather than gin, and adjusts the 50-50 measure of sour and sweet for an overall drier cocktail.
- 1/3 ounce lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup (1:1, sugar:water)
- 1 1/4 ounces Cognac, preferably Courvoisier VS
- 2 1/4 ounces brut Champagne, preferably Moët & Chandon Impérial
Garnish: lemon peel
- Combine the first three ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a tulip Champagne glass.
- Top with Champagne.
- Garnish with a lemon peel.