By design, this improved Stinger (“the world’s best Stinger,” says its creator, William Elliott) is diamond-clear like a Martini. Skip the lurid green crème de menthe and opt for a white version instead.
William Elliott’s Stinger
William Elliott, Sauvage | Brooklyn, NY
- 1 3/4 ounces Cognac, preferably Gourry de Chadeville overproof
- 3/4 ounce créme de menthe, preferably Giffard Menthe-Pastille
- 1 dash absinthe, preferably Germain-Robin
Garnish: lemon peel
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe over a large piece of ice.
- Express a lemon peel over the surface of the drink and discard.