The Clarito, a charitable pour of extra-dry gin and a splash of white vermouth, perfumed with lemon peel, is Buenos Aires, Argentina’s signature Martini.
Santiago “Pichín” Policastro | Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 6 1/2 ounces extra-dry gin
- 1/3 ounce (2 teaspoons) dry vermouth
Garnish: sugar and lemon peel for rim
- Prepare two coupe glasses by moistening each rim with a lemon peel, then pressing the rim into a plate of sugar.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with walnut-size ice and stir for 1 minute.
- Strain into the sugar-rimmed coupe glasses.