Muddled celery, ginger and mint make this bright, citrusy rum drink from Atlanta’s Greg Best zingy and green, while a cracked pepper garnish bumps it up the savory spectrum. Best came up with this drink as part of the spring edition of PUNCH’s House Cocktail Hack.
Greg Best | Atlanta, GA
- 1 1/2 ounces white rum
- 1/4 ounce Cocchi Americano
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce lemon syrup (Recipe here)
- 3 one-inch segments trimmed celery stalk
- 6-8 leaves fresh mint
- one pinky-sized segment fresh ginger
Garnish: spring of mint and cracked pepper
- In a mixing glass, gently muddle mint, ginger and celery together with the lemon syrup and lime juice.
- Let stand for a few minutes and then fine strain the liquid into a clean shaker.
- Add Cocchi Americano and rum, and shake with ice until chilled.
- Strain into a coupe, and garnish with a small sprig of mint and crack of black pepper.