Brother Wolf uses Lurisia’s Chinotto soda, made from the fruit of myrtle-leaf orange trees, in the refreshing La Danza, complementing the bubbly drink with Cocchi Americano Rosa, fresh citrus juices and orange oil. Chinotto “offers an almost root beer or cola flavor [to cocktails], with natural coloring, lots of effervescence and a touch of pulp,” says King.
Jessica King | Knoxville, Tennessee
- 2 ounces Cocchi Americano Rosa
- 3/4 ounce ruby grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce orange juice
- 2 dashes orange oil (Brother Wolf uses NOW Foods essential oil)
- 2 to 3 ounces chinotto soda, preferably Lurisia, to top
Garnish: pinch of Maldon sea salt
- Combine the first four ingredients in a mixing tin and add ice.
- Shake and strain into an ice-filled Collins glass.
- Top with chinotto soda and a pinch of Maldon flakes.