Pamela Wiznitzer loves low-proof, easy-drinking cocktails and anything with Campari. In an elongated riff on the Negroni (named for a street in her hometown of Cleveland, Ohio), she swaps gin for vodka, ups the vermouth with Martini & Rossi Ambrato and reduces the dose of the classic red bitter liqueur. A few drops of brisk saline solution bring everything together, while bubbles render it Sbagliato-esque.
Pamela Wiznitzer | New York
- 1 ounce vodka, preferably Grey Goose
- 1 1/2 ounces Martini & Rossi Ambrato vermouth
- 3/4 ounce Campari
- 3 dashes saline solution (1:4, salt:water)
- sparkling wine, to top
Garnish: orange slices
- Combine all ingredients, apart from the sparkling wine, in a Collins glass over crushed ice.
- Top with sparkling wine.
- Garnish with orange slices.