The Luxury Sidecar, a Bemelmans signature, presents a continental take on the classic thanks to three French-made ingredients: Martell Cordon Bleu Cognac, Cointreau and Calvados. The additions of apple brandy and some extra sweetener makes for a richer drink best enjoyed alongside the bar’s iconic piano.
- 1 1/2 ounces cognac, preferably Martell Cordon Bleu
- 3/4 ounce Calvados
- 3/4 ounce triple sec, preferably Cointreau
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
Garnish: lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
- Pour into a Martini glass lined with sugar.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.