Åhus-based Per Hermansson, Absolut’s Director for Sensory Design, infuses his own snaps for the holidays and serves it alongside classic Scandinavian dishes. This simple recipe features two quintessential Christmas flavors—citrus and cinnamon—in one festive shot.
Yield: 12 ounces
- 12 ounces vodka, preferably Absolut
- 2 clementines or mandarin oranges
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Wash the fruits thoroughly in lukewarm water. Peel, avoiding the inner white pith.
- Place the peels in a clean container or bottle and add the cinnamon stick.
- Pour in the vodka and let stand in the fridge for about 2 days.
If you want to add some sweetness, add a few drops of simple syrup or sugar cane syrup until desired taste is reached.