The signature Martini at Brooklyn’s Maison Premiere is extravagant in its simplicity. Prepared tableside, the drink combines high-proof Old Raj gin pulled from the freezer, which adds body and backbone, and Bordiga extra-dry vermouth, which is, well, extra-dry, yielding a drink that has what William Elliott describes as “ultimate crunch”: that signature bite that only a Martini can deliver.
- 3 ounces gin, preferably Old Raj 110-proof gin (from the freezer)
- 1/4 ounce dry vermouth, preferably Bordiga Vermouth Extra Dry
- 3 dashes Angostura orange bitters
Garnish: Castelvetrano olives, lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice and stir for approximately 45 seconds.
- Strain into a Martini glass and serve with a sidecar of garnishes, including three skewered Castelvetrano olives and a manicured lemon twist.