The winner of our 2023 Martini blind tasting, Harrison Ginsberg’s recipe follows a 5:1 ratio of gin to vermouth for a classic dry, but not too dry, iteration. Served bracingly cold with the choice of an olive or a twist, the judges found the drink to possess the distinctive bite of a Martini—what one taster termed the “ultimate crunch”—that they were looking for.
- 2 1/2 ounces Tanqueray London dry gin
- 1/2 ounce Noilly Prat extra-dry vermouth
- 1 dash Regans’ orange bitters
Garnish: lemon twist or Castelvetrano olive
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass filled with ice.
- Stir for 45 to 60 seconds, or until the Martini is properly diluted.
- Strain into a Martini or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist or Castelvetrano olive.