“Do I love the Last Word? Do I love Champagne?” asks Dorothy Elizabeth. “Yes and yes.” Her take on the Last Word marries two of her favorite things in a dry, effervescent cocktail.
Read, No Reply
Dorothy Elizabeth, Standby | Detroit, MI
- 1/2 ounce gin, preferably Citadelle
- 1/2 ounce maraschino, preferably Luxardo
- 1/2 ounce green Chartreuse
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- dry sparkling wine, to top
- Combine all ingredients, except the sparkling wine, in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a flute.
- Top with sparkling wine.