The Sapins Swizzle is based on the French pine-flavored liqueur, Sapins, which has a resinous bite that mixes curiously well with tropical tiki flavors like zesty falernum and ripe pineapple.
John Kelly O’Hare, Sonny's Hideaway | Los Angeles
- 1 1/2 ounces Sapins
- 1/2 ounce overproof rum, J. Wray & Nephew
- 1/4 ounce velvet falernum
- 5 cubes pineapple
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/3 ounce turbinado cane syrup
Garnish: freshly grated chocolate
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle pineapple cubes with lime juice and cane syrup.
- Add remaining ingredients and ice, and shake until chilled.
- Double-strain over crushed ice into a Collins glass and swizzle.
- Garnish with freshly shaved chocolate.