Claire Sprouse’s vermouth-based cocktail, which will feature on the menu of her new bar Hunky Dory when it opens this December, calls on a house made celery syrup for vegetal tones, combined with lime juice and a dash of absinthe.
- 3 ounces vermouth, preferably Cinzano Extra Dry
- 2 ounces celery syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- barspoon absinthe
Garnish: salt rim
- Prepare a 14oz hurricane or goblet with a salted rim.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into prepared glass over ice.
2 parts fresh celery
1 part granulated sugar
Combine the celery juice with the granulated sugar. Stir until completely incorporated.