Since avocado is a lush, buttery ingredient, it has a particular affinity for agave spirits and shines in drinks like the Avocado Margarita from Houston’s Better Luck Tomorrow. It’s blended with agave nectar, lime juice and salt to form a syrup that’s then shaken with tequila and the bar’s signature blend of Persian and Key lime juices.
Anna Wilkins, Better Luck Tomorrow | Houston
- 2 ounces blanco tequila, preferably Pueblo Viejo
- 1 ounce avocado syrup (see Editor’s Note)
- 3/4 ounce margarita juice blend (50:50 Persian and Key lime juice)
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a highball glass over ice.
- Garnish with avocado leaf, avocado ball and a pink Himalayan sea salt rim.
236.25 grams avocado
315 grams agave nectar
15 grams lime juice
1.875 grams kosher salt
Combine the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth consistency is achieved.