At Licorería Limantour, the house Margarita puts a savory spin on the template. Inspired by Mexico City’s tacos, the recipe calls on “taco mix”—a blend of pineapple juice, fresh herbs and serrano chile—to replicate the flavors of an al pastor taco.
- scant 1 3/4 ounces tequila
- heavy 1 1/2 ounces Taco Mix (see Editor’s Note)
- scant 3/4 ounce Cointreau
- heavy 3/4 ounce lime juice
Garnish: cilantro salt (10:9, sea salt to powdered cilantro), pineapple wedge
- Rim a rocks glass with cilantro salt and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into the prepared glass over ice.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge.
1500 milliliters pineapple juice
450 milliliters serrano chile–infused agave (see below)
300 milliliters water
90 grams cilantro
60 grams mint
60 grams basil
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Fine-strain into a bottle.
Serrano Chile–Infused Agave
660 grams agave syrup
200 milliliters water
60 grams chopped green serrano chile
Add the chopped chile to the water and infuse for 10 minutes. Fine-strain, then mix with agave and bottle. Keeps, refrigerated, for 3 days.