Created at the now-closed Lion Lion in New York, the Away Colors is a simple stirred cocktail that’s ideal for after-dinner drinking. Taking its name from a soccer idiom for playing away from a team’s home, the recipe’s ingredients, like añejo rum and banana liqueur, find themselves across continents and meridians.
- 2 ounces añejo rum, preferably Ron del Barrilito or Cruzan Single Barrel
- 1/2 ounce Fernet-Branca
- 1/2 ounce Giffard Banane du Brésil
Garnish: orange twist
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass with ice and stir to combine.
- Strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with an orange twist.