The Boardwalk Flyer—a combination of aged cachaça, vermouth and banana liqueur—is meant to evoke the feelings and flavors of a domestic beach vacation: “…there’s something very American about the idea of that,” says Boelte. But when you really get down to it, Boelte credits the original inspiration behind the banana-fied drink to be none other than Arrested Development.
Damon Boelte, Grand Army | Brooklyn, NY
- 3/4 ounce aged cachaça (Avua Amburana)
- 3/4 ounce bianco vermouth (Carpano)
- 3/4 ounce Giffard Banane du Brésil
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
Garnish: mint, mole bitters, fresh grated nutmeg
- Build all ingredients in a Collins or pilsner glass and fill with pebble ice and swizzle.
- Top with mole bitters, fresh grated nutmeg and mint.