At the forthcoming Los Angeles bar The Let’s Go Disco and Cocktail Club, the menu features all things bubbly and bittersweet. Fitting squarely within the “disco aperitivo” trend is the Fizz Italiano, which is built on a base of London dry gin and topped with nonalcoholic Italian soda Sanbittèr.
Lee Zaremba | Los Angeles
- 1 1/2 ounces London dry gin
- 1 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1/4 ounce maraschino liqueur, preferably Leopold
- 1 egg white
- 1 bottle Sanbittèr, to top
- Combine the first six ingredients in a mixing tin and dry shake without ice.
- Add a few ice cubes and shake again until the egg white is frothy.
- Single-strain into a Collins glass.
- Top with Sanbittèr