Served at Joe & Misses Doe, Jill Dobias uses Manischewitz to add vibrant color and fruity sweetness to a Margarita, while balancing out the tartness of lime juice.
Jill Dobias, Joe & MissesDoe | New York City
- 1 1/4 ounces tequila blanco
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup(1:1 sugar:water)
- 1/2 ounce Manischewitz wine
Garnish: kosher salt, to rim the glass
- Pour kosher salt into a dish. Moisten the edge of the glass, and gently roll the edge of the glass in the salt to create a generously salted rim.
- Pour tequila, lime and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Pour contents, including ice, into prepared glass.
- Hold a spoon, rounded side up, directly above the drink. Gently pour the Manischewitz over the bowl of the spoon to “float” the wine on top of the drink.