At Saturn, a new bar in Austin, Texas, where disco cocktails and long-maligned “lowbrow” drinks are getting an elevated touch, putting a Pornstar Martini riff on the menu was a no-brainer for owner Steven Smith. “Our whole identity is fun and crazy and sexy and silly,” says Smith. “I knew we had to do a Pornstar Martini.” In the Mommy & Daddy Time, the expected passion fruit elements get swapped out for pink guava liqueur.
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka, preferably St. George California Citrus
- 3/4 ounce pink guava liqueur, preferably Fruitful (see Editor’s Note)
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/4 ounce rich vanilla bean simple syrup (see Editor’s Note)
Garnish: sidecar of Champagne or sparkling wine
- Shake all of the ingredients vigorously, then strain.
- Serve with a sidecar of your favorite Champagne or sparkling wine.
If guava liqueur is unavailable, use 1 ounce of pink guava purée and increase the rich vanilla bean simple syrup from 1/4 ounce to 1 ounce.
Rich Vanilla Bean Simple Syrup
2 cups sugar
1 cup water
3/4 teaspoon vanilla paste
Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Stir in the vanilla paste.