Though far from archetypal, the Only Fans Martini, with its vanilla-infused cachaça base, won over the judges at our Pornstar Martini blind tasting. The vanilla outshone the passion fruit here, but it only added to the indulgent, opulent quality of the drink. It was hands-down the most lavish of the group, “a guilty-pleasure drink” according to bartender Izzy Tulloch; despite the departure in base spirit, the trait felt in keeping with the essence of the original.
- 2 ounces vanilla-infused cachaça, preferably Avua Prata (see Editor’s Note)
- 3/4 ounce Petite Canne Sirop de Canne
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce passion fruit purée
- 2 ounces dry Champagne
Garnish: pineapple crescent, orchid
- Combine all of the ingredients, except Champagne, in a shaker with ice and shake vigorously until chilled.
- Double-strain into a coupe.
- Garnish with a pineapple crescent and an orchid.
- Serve with a sidecar of Champagne.
1 vanilla bean
750 milliliters cachaça, preferably Avua Prata
Split the vanilla bean and add it to a bottle of cachaça. Allow to infuse for 48 hours, then remove the bean.