Pimm’s Cups are popular at many summer horse racing meets in the UK, including the Royal Ascot (remember Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady?). This version was whipped up in honor of No Nay Never, a horse who made his mark at Royal Ascot in 2013 when he won the prestigious Norfolk stakes. In 2014, he’ll attempt to add the Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint to his resume.
Adapted from Brooklyn Spirits by Peter Fornatale and Chris Wertz
Servings: 6 - 8
- 5 ounces gin, GG American Dry
- 5 ounces sweet vermouth
- 2 1/2 ounces orange liqueur
- 1 1/4 quarts sparkling lemonade(See Editor's Note)
- 1 1/4 quarts ginger ale(See Editor's Note)
- 10 mint sprigs
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 orange, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
Garnish: cucumber, orange and lemon slices
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher, and stir to mix.
- Serve in individual glasses over ice.
- Garnish with additional cucumber, orange and lemon slices.
To make homemade sparkling lemonade combine 1 cup simple syrup, the juice of 10 lemons and 4 cups chilled, sparkling water. To make homemade ginger ale, combine 1 cup ginger syrup (preferably Morris Kitchen’s or Pickett’s, or even homemade) with 4 cups chilled, sparking water.