Like many of Maison Premiere’s drinks, the Pimm’s Cup is classically inspired and rooted in New Orleans. “At Maison, we lean toward the New Orleans influence of a Pimm’s more than we do the English,” says Maxwell Britten, head bartender. It’s a classic order at the Napoleon House on Chartres Street in the French Quarter and one of the few drinks that allows for ample play on the original. At first, Maison presented the drink with fresh mint, cucumber water and ginger. The riff was so well-received they decided to continue the tradition with a new version each season. “We get funky with it,” says Britten.
Maison Premiere’s Pimm’s Cup
Adapted from Maison Premiere | Brooklyn, NY
- 2 ounces Pimm's No. 1
- scant 1/2 ounce ginger syrup (1:1, sugar: ginger juice)
- 3 slices cucumber
- 6 mint leaves
- 1/2 orange wheel
- 1 lime wedge
- soda water
Garnish: mint bouquet and cucumber slice
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle cucumber slices, mint, orange wheel and lime wedge.
- Add Pimm's, ginger syrup and ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain over ice into a Collins glass.
- Top with soda water.
- Garnish with a bouquet of mint and a cucumber slice.