A runner up in our recent blind tasting of Mojitos, Sarah Morrissey‘s recipe calls on Banks 5 Island rum as the base of her take on the classic.
Sarah Morrissey’s Mojito
Sarah Morrissey, Frenchette | New York
- 2 ounces light rum, preferably Banks 5 Island Rum
- 1 ounce lime juice, strained
- 3/4 ounce turbinado simple syrup (1.5:1, sugar:water)
- 8 to 10 mint leaves
- Small splash soda water
Garnish: mint, straw
- In a shaker tin, muddle the mint, sugar and lime.
- Add the rum and whip shake with a handful of crushed ice.
- Pour the drink into a Zombie glass and add a splash of soda water.
- Top with fresh pebble ice.
- Garnish with a large bouquet of mint.