Dan Greenbaum of Attaboy opts for a lighter interpretation of the Margaladaoma challenge. Ginger juice makes for a fresh spin on the spice of a Michelada, while mezcal and lime recall the classic Margarita combo. To lengthen a la Paloma, a generous dose of Negra Modelo lifts the drink while still keeping it dark and meaty.
Dan Greenbaum, Attaboy | New York City
- 1 cucumber slice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Tomr's Tonic
- 1/2 ounce sweetened ginger juice
- 3/4 ounce mezcal
- beer, preferably Negra Modelo
- Combine all ingredients except for beer in a shaking tin.
- Shake with ice and strain into an ice-filled Collins glass while topping with beer at the same time.