Sharing the top title with Patrick Smith in our recent Espresso Martini tasting was Stefano D’Orsogna’s version from Sonnyboy, an Australian café that recently opened in New York’s Lower East Side. Built of one ounce each of Ketel One vodka, espresso and Mr. Black Cold Brew Coffee Liqueur, plus a half-ounce of simple syrup, the drink was drier than many examples, but still very textbook.
Stefano D’Orsogna’s Espresso Martini
Stefano D’Orsogna, Sonnyboy | New York
- 1 ounce coffee liqueur, preferably Mr. Black Cold Brew Coffee Liqueur
- 1 ounce vodka, preferably Ketel One
- 1 ounce espresso, preferably Cafe Integral Espresso
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup, (1:1, sugar:water)
Garnish: three coffee beans
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a Nick & Nora glass.
- Garnish with three coffee beans.