In A Stone’s Throw, what Britt Fox describes as “fiddly” amounts of Bénédictine, dry Curaçao and stone fruit–infused Lillet Blanc work in tandem to bolster the spirituous backbone of the drink: VSOP Cognac. “I care the most about spirits,” explains Fox. “It’s always where my passion has been, and so, if I’m being honest, it all still starts with a spirit that I’m super excited about.”
- 1 3/4 ounces VSOP Cognac, preferably H by Hine
- 3/4 ounce cherry- and plum-infused Lillet Blanc (see Editor’s Note)
- 1 teaspoon Benedictine
- 1/2 teaspoon dry Curaçao
- 3 drops saline solution
- 2 dashes aromatic bitters, preferably Jack Rudy
Garnish: halved fresh fig
- Add all ingredients to a tin or mixing pitcher. Add ample ice and stir until cold.
- Strain into a Nick & Nora glass and garnish with a halved fig.
Cherry- and Plum-Infused Lillet Blanc
Halve and pit 12 ounces each of fresh cherries and plums. Place into jars and top with Lillet Blanc. Refrigerate for 48 hours. Strain out the fruit, and the vermouth is ready to use.