This cold-weather-ready version of the Mojito swaps light white rum and thoughts of summer for the dark, funky rum double-team of black strap and Angostura. More richness comes from demerara simple syrup, while the Mojito’s star ingredient, mint, is ditched in favor of mint-imbued, bitter Branca Menta.
- 1/2 ounce Branca Menta
- 1/2 ounce demerara syrup (1:1, sugar:water)
- 1 ounce Cruzan Black Strap Rum
- 1 ounce Angostura 1919 Rum
- 1 ounce lime juice
- soda, to top
- Add all ingredients, except soda, to a mixing tin.
- Add ice, and shake until chilled.
- Strain over ice into a Collins glass.
- Top with soda and garnish with mint.