When blood oranges appear in the midst of winter, it’s a bright spot for all citrus cocktails in the canon—especially the Margarita. Substituting ruby red blood orange juice for lime and adding a splash of rosemary-infused Cointreau turns this drink from a summer classic into a winter beauty.
- 2 ounces tequila or mezcal
- 1/2 ounce rosemary-infused Cointreau (See Editor's Note)
- 3/4 ounce blood orange juice
- 1/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce agave syrup (simple syrup optional)
Garnish: blood orange wheel
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over ice. (Salt rim optional.)
- Garnish with a blood orange wheel.
2 large sprigs rosemary
10 ounces Cointreau Add rosemary (broken up so it is completely submerged) to 10 ounces of Cointreau, cap and let the mixture infuse for 24 hours. Strain, and bottle.