Named for the site of the Jersey Shore’s first resort, the Mansion of Health, the Ace Hotel’s go-to summer cocktail likewise aims to both refresh and revitalize. Crafted from a list of ingredients that includes elderflower, quinine, and nutmeg—all believed at various points in history to have medicinal properties—the Surf City Spritz winks at California’s health-conscious culture. While there’s nothing actually medicinal about the concoction, the tropical flavors of pineapple, coconut, and honey offer their own form of invigoration.
- 1 ounce American craft gin
- 3/4 ounce St-Germain
- 1/2 ounce Plantation Pineapple rum
- 1/2 ounce Cocchi Americano
- 1/4 ounce honey syrup (2:1, honey:water)
- 1 ounce coconut water
- 2 ounces soda water
Garnish: Dehydrated pineapple chip or fresh pineapple slice
- Stir all of the ingredients except the club soda in a wine glass with ice.
- Top with the club soda and garnish with the pineapple.