The T Stagg Slide takes inspiration from a classic Mudslide, combining bourbon, coffee liqueur, date syrup and cream, all buzzed in a stand-up drink mixer with crushed ice and finished with a dusting of cinnamon and espresso. “As a greener bartender, I was fixated on what would be the most unique on paper,” explains Alicia Perry, “but as a neighborhood bar, it was really important for us to be creating a space where people feel comfortable.”
- 1 ounce bourbon, preferably Buffalo Trace
- 3/4 ounce date syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 3/4 ounce coffee liqueur, preferably St. George Nola
- 1/2 ounce Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 5 ounces crushed ice (only if using a stand-up drink mixer)
- 1 pinch salt (only if using a cocktail shaker)
Garnish: finely ground cinnamon and espresso, mint
- If using a stand-up drink mixer, combine all ingredients in the tin and buzz for about 5 seconds.
- If using a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with a single standard ice cube until the cube melts and the drink takes on a milkshake-like texture.
- Pour into a fizz glass.
- Garnish with a a dusting of cinnamon and espresso and a mint sprig.
6 ounces pitted dates
3 cups Demerara sugar
3 cups water
1/2 teaspoon Ticaloid powder
1 cinnamon stick
zest of 1 orange
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat and let simmer for 50 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool, then strain and bottle. Store in the refrigerator.