Created at Donna (where she picked up shifts prior to the opening of Llama San), Thrivemind showcases Natasha Bermudez’s penchant for low-proof, stirred cocktails in a decidedly tropical mindset. “I wanted to make something tropical, but not in-your-face tropical,” says Bermudez of her relatively restrained mixture of cachaça, manzanilla sherry, blanc vermouth and rhubarb liqueur. “It’s sort of a 50/50 Martini meets a Bamboo,” she says.
- 1 1/4 ounces cachaça, preferably Abelha Prata Cachaça
- 3/4 ounce manzanilla sherry, preferably Bodegas Yuste Aurora Manzanilla Sherry
- 3/4 ounce vermouth, preferably Routin Blanc Vermouth
- 1/4 ounce Giffard Rhubarb Liqueur
- 1 teaspoon sugar cane syrup
- 3 drops Bittermens 'Elemakule Tiki BittersTiki Bitters
- 2 dashes Regan's Orange Bitters
Garnish: grapefruit twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled Nick & Nora glass.
- Garnish with grapefruit twist.