- 1 ounce gin, preferably Tanqueray
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1/4 ounce rich demerara syrup (2:1, demerara sugar:water)
- 2 1/2 ounces Champagne, preferably Moet & Chandon Imperial Brut
Garnish: lemon peel
- Combine all ingredients, except the Champagne, in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Fine strain into a flute or coupe.
- Top with Champagne.
- Very gently dip a barspoon to the bottom of the glass once or twice to integrate the ingredients, agitating the bubbles at little as possible.
- Express the lemon peel over the drink then gently stir with the peel to integrate. Do not discard.