Created at the Speed Rack Season 6 National Finals, where she took first place, Bunni’s Wait For It answered judge Alba Huerta’s call for a low-proof stirred drink with St-Germain. “I immediately thought of the floral sweetness of St-Germain and knew it would work well with a dry sherry,” she says. Keeping in mind not only the taste but the appearance, Bunni added a measure of Salers: “I wanted to add a bitterness, but keep the beautiful pale yellow color.” Finished with an expressed lemon peel, Wait For It makes for a bright aperitif cocktail and a welcome addition to category of session cocktails.
Wait For It
Mony Bunni, Prairie School | Chicago
- 1 1/2 ounce manzanilla sherry, preferably Lustau Manzanilla Papirusa
- 3/4 ounce St-Germain
- 3/4 ounce Salers Gentiane Liqueur
- 2 dashes Regans' Orange Bitters
Garnish: lemon swath
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a lemon swath.