Nestled in the tiny space next to Seattle chef Jason Stratton’s acclaimed Spinasse, Artusi has become a hub for the city’s expanding love affair with amaro. This bittersweet concoction of Knob Creek bourbon, Averna amaro, walnut oil, a muddled Amarena cherry and orange wheel and Fever Tree Bitter-Lemon soda is one of the apertivi bar’s most popular drinks.
- 2 ounces bourbon, preferably Knob Creek
- 1 ounce Averna
- 1/2 teaspoon walnut oil, high quality
- 1 brandied cherry
- 1 orange wheel
- Fever Tree bitter lemon soda
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle together the orange wheel, brandied cherry and walnut oil.
- Add bourbon, Averna and ice and shake until chilled.
- Double-strain into a Collins glass over ice and top with lemon soda.