A spin on the Between the Sheets, Chip Tyndale’s straightforward update swaps the orange liqueur component of the original with banana liqueur and adds Angostura bitters and grated nutmeg as a garnish.
Banana Between the Sheets
Chip Tyndale, Dutch Kills and Flatiron Lounge | New York
- 1 ounce aged rum
- 1 ounce Cognac
- 3/4 ounce Giffard Banane du Brésil
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon demerara syrup (2:1, sugar:water)
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
Garnish: grated nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg.