This take on the tropical staple from Sunken Harbor Club’s Kern Rodriguez puts a silky spin on the typically shaken drink thanks to the milk punch treatment, which comes courtesy of a blend of whole milk yogurt and kefir yogurt. Acid-adjusted pineapple juice, meanwhile, makes the whole drink pop.
Servings: 8 to 9
- 12 3/4 ounces Jamaican rum, preferably Denizen Merchant’s Reserve 8-year
- 4 1/4 ounces unaged rum, preferably Uruapan
- 4 1/4 ounces lime juice
- 6 3/8 ounces acid-adjusted pineapple juice (see Editor’s Note)
- 4 quarts yogurt blend(1:1, whole milk yogurt to plain kefir yogurt)
- Add all of the ingredients to a container and stir to combine. Let sit for 8 hours in a cool, dry area.
- Rinse 2 coffee filters with water to remove the paper taste, then filter the mixture through the coffee filters to remove solids.
- Serve in a chilled Nick & Nora glass.
Acid-Adjusted Pineapple Juice
200 milliliters pineapple juice
6.4 grams citric acid
4 grams malic acid
Combine all ingredients in a quart container. Blend with a milk frother until dissolved.