With just enough citrus to give acidic lift, “a raspberry cobbler is delicious with amontillado sherry,” says Dan Greenbaum. This is a close copy of the cobbler previously served at The Beagle, a now-closed East Village bar that helped launch the sherry-cocktail revolution, and where Greenbaum manned the bar.
- 1 lemon wedge
- 3 to 4 raspberries
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 3 ounces amontillado sherry
Garnish: raspberries, orange, mint
- Add lemon, raspberries and simple syrup to a mixing tin and muddle.
- Add the sherry and swirl briefly.
- Dump the contents of the tin into a chilled Collins glass.
- Fill the glass 3/4 full with pebble or crushed ice and mix briefly with a spoon or metal straw to integrate.
- Garnish with fruit and a mint sprig.