Brian Miller combines four distinct gins in his upgrade on his very own modern-classic tiki drink, the Winchester. While we cannot disclose Miller’s recipe for ginger syrup, we recommend Orlando Franklin McCray’s ginger syrup.
Double Barrel Winchester
Brian Miller, The Polynesian | New York
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 3/4 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce grenadine
- 1/2 ounce ginger syrup
- 1/2 ounce St-Germain
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 1/2 ounce Greenhook Ginsmith Old Tom
- 1/2 ounce New York Distilling Company Perry's Tot Gin
- 1 ounce Miller's Westbourne Strength Gin
- 1 ounce Monkey 47 Gin
Garnish: a half grapefruit wheel, a large piece of ginger, 2 pineapple fronds, a Union Jack parasol
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with four ice cubes.
- Strain into a tiki mug.
- Top with crushed ice.
- Garnish with a half grapefruit wheel, a large piece of ginger, 2 pineapple fronds and a Union Jack parasol.