The sheer number of bars opening under the expertise of Dan Sabo at the forthcoming Hotel Figueroa promise to make it one of downtown LA’s most compelling drinking destinations. Here, the slightly spiced, gin-based Heaven’s Clover offers a taste of what’s to come at Bar Figueroa, the re-imagined lobby bar of the historic hotel.
Dan Sabo, Bar Figueroa | Los Angeles
- 1 1/2 ounces gin, preferably Fords
- 1/4 ounce kummel
- 3/4 ounce passionfruit puree
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce rich simple syrup (2:1, sugar:water)
- 1 dash Scrappy's Firewater Tincture
Garnish: Garam masala, chile de arbol, canela, dill
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake.
- Strain into a Collins glass over crushed ice.
- Garnish with a chile de arbol, garam masala, canela and dill.