In a nod to the “organic architecture” philosophy of Frank Lloyd Wright, from which Prairie School draws its name, Jim Meehan’s Lemon Ice calls on ingredients from the surrounding area, including an Illinois sparkling wine and a vodka distilled in Chicago.
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka, preferably CH Vodka
- 1 ounce dry sparkling wine, preferably Illinois Brut Sparkling Wine
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
Garnish: lemon wheel
- Combine all ingredients in a rocks glass.
- Top with a mound of shaved ice.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel.