The Cuban classic gets an update from Obispo bar owner Thad Vogler who swaps in bianco vermouth for the traditional dry. An extra portion of rum and the addition of orange bitters make for a fuller, more rounded take on the original.
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1/2 ounce bianco vermouth, preferably Bordiga
- 1 barspoon grenadine, preferably Small Hand Foods
- 1 barspoon orange curaçao, preferably Farmhouse
- 2 dashes orange bitters
Garnish: lemon twist
- Stir and strain into a chilled stem glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.