An elevated play on the classic Blood and Sand cocktail, Ryan Casey borrows from Greek mythology: Ichor is, according to legend, the blood-like fluid that flows through the veins of the gods. The “glass” in the drink is the spherical ice, representing a polished version of sand.
Ichor and Glass
Ryan Casey, The Living Room Bar | Charleston, SC
- 1 1/2 ounces Scotch, preferably Compass Box Great King Street
- 3/4 ounce Compass Box Orangerie
- 1/2 ounce bianco vermouth, preferably preferably Mancino
- 1/2 ounce Cherry Heering
- 1/4 ounce dry curaçaopreferably Ferrand
Garnish: expressed orange peel
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass.
- Add ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a double Old-Fashioned glass over a large ice sphere.
- Twist orange peel over the top of the drink to express the oils, then discard the peel.