Jim Kearns taps into quintessential East Coast fall flavors in his Slow Down Shirley: cranberry liqueur layered onto a base of apple brandy, with lemon and ginger adding brightness.
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce ginger syrup
- 3/4 ounce apple brandy, preferably Laird's 7 1/2 year
- 1 1/2 ounces cranberry liqueur , preferably Clear Creek
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 1 dash The Bitter Truth bitters
- soda, to top
Garnish: candied ginger
- In a shaker tin, combine all ingredients except for soda and shake with ice.
- Strain into an ice-filled Collins glass and top with soda.
- Garnish with candied ginger.
Large Batch Variation:
7 1/2 ounces lemon juice
7 1/2 ounces ginger syrup
7 1/2 ounces apple brandy
15 ounces cranberry liqueur
soda, to top