This slightly spicy beer cocktail, a combination of lime, cachaça, hopped wheat beer and habanero syrup was designed by Jacob Grier for Wayfinder Beer in Portland, OR.
Wayfinder Brewing | Portland, OR
- 1 1/2 ounces Novo Fogo Barrel Aged Cachaça
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 3/4 ounce habanero syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 1 small handful cilantro
- 2 ounces wheat beer (Grier uses Wayfinder’s "Definitely Not,” a hopped wheat beer, but any wheat beer will do)
- Pour the beer into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Separately, add all of the remaining ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until cold.
- Fine strain directly into the beer.
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
5 habanero peppers, sliced in half and de-stemmed
In a small pot, combine the sugar and water over medium heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Add the peppers, cover, and let steep for 20 minutes. Strain out the peppers and refrigerate the syrup.