“We love cocktail mash-ups,” explains J.P. Fetherston of this Cosmo-Negroni riff, which keeps the Absolut Citron, orange liqueur and cranberry aspects of the original Cosmopolitan, but shakes them up with Aperol. The Columbia Room’s other drink mash-ups include the Daquirac (Daiquiri and the Sazerac), the Last Cup (Last Word and Pimm’s Cup) and the forthcoming Ramos Gin Swizzle.
- 1 ounce citron vodka, preferably Absolut Citron
- 1 ounce bianco vermouth, preferably Mancino Bianco Ambrato
- 1/2 ounce Aperol
- 1/2 ounce triple sec, preferably Cointreau
- 1 dropper cranberry bitters, preferably Fee Brothers
- 1 dropper acid phosphate
Garnish: orange twist
- In a mixing glass, stir together all ingredients with ice.
- Strain into rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Flame an expressed orange peel over top of the drink, then discard the peel.